Maria Brinks Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maria Brinks Wonderland Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hooters needs more Maria!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
snocaps231

snocaps231

Hooters needs more Maria!  Empty
PostSubject: Hooters needs more Maria!    Hooters needs more Maria!  EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 11:02 pm

I hang out at Hooters and Tilted Kilt very often and have not heard an ITM even once. Down with their music and may our goddess of darkness envelop our ears beyond the beer and wings!
Back to top Go down
The Empirical Guy

The Empirical Guy

PostSubject: Re: Hooters needs more Maria!    Hooters needs more Maria!  EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 11:31 pm

What, so because ITM is fronted by an attractive woman, they should automatically play their music in restaurants that base their brand image on overt sexuality? I think not. ITM are doing just fine without a company like Hooters 'supporting' them, and they've done it without resorting to the cheap 'sex sells' tactics that those restaurants use.
Back to top Go down
snocaps231

snocaps231

PostSubject: Re: Hooters needs more Maria!    Hooters needs more Maria!  EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 12:11 am

A little defensive much? Its a very popular restaurant that albeit is frequented by many MB fans and would be a great marketing tool for newer listeners to expand their musical world. If you want to make it a sexual thing, be my guest. Yes she is very attractive but i will be one of the first to over look it and say id rocked to ITM with my eyes closed. You cant be so closed minded and assume that because its about establishment A, it must be for reason A. Its all about promoting Maria and the rest of ITM music and to do that,you go where the fans are.

So chill, turn on some tunes, continue hating the marketing strategy of some companies but realize life is a business. Promoting a band i love, where i love going, is what Ill continue to do.
Back to top Go down
The Empirical Guy

The Empirical Guy

PostSubject: Re: Hooters needs more Maria!    Hooters needs more Maria!  EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 7:22 am

I just think it's cheap, and seems like it could easily ruin the image ITM have built up where they've come this far on the strength of their musical output, rather than by associating with a brand that has nothing really to do with music, but, regardless of whether their business is food or not, has very strong connotations in the wider community. Of course we want to promote and help out bands we like - but the question then is why can't we promote bands made up of hairy, sweaty dudes in Hooters, or promote ITM in a hardware store, local bar or any other place that might play music over the speaker system? If you really want to promote and help out ITM, wear their merch around, tell people about them, request songs on local radio and other places with dj's - it doesn't need to just be about Hooters. I mean, just read the thread title again and tell me it doesn't seem a little off.
Back to top Go down
snocaps231

snocaps231

PostSubject: Re: Hooters needs more Maria!    Hooters needs more Maria!  EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 8:43 am

Good points although i still do believe there could be a beneficial market there. Its not going to make or break nor will it really substantially add to their fan base. I dont believe it would tarnish their reputation either. Not sure which Hooters youve been too, but the image of the restaurant has substantially changed from perverted hairy guys to normal joe schmoe. When i go there to watch games, there are a majority of families than older adults. I just feel it could be a good, not most ideal, but an opportunity.

With that being said, i should promote more on my local radio, unfortunately I only listen to siriusxm but do promote through the Octane Air Force.

Thanks for not making this a flame argument by the way.
Back to top Go down
Violet_Skies

Violet_Skies

PostSubject: Re: Hooters needs more Maria!    Hooters needs more Maria!  EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 11:26 am

I have to agree with Empirical Guy. I think it would give the band the wrong representation. It's not those who eat at the restaurant that have a reputation, it's the restaurant itself, the wait staff, and their overall presentation. A brand that gets its name and image from hot, large breasted women working and serving there, doesn't help Maria in any way and in fact only makes the song "Wh*re" have more meaning to it.

Of course if their music is played on the radio more there, that's not an issue, but I don't think ITM should associate themselves with the brand. Right now they have Monster, and that's good enough for the moment.
Back to top Go down
Maven Valum

Maven Valum

PostSubject: Re: Hooters needs more Maria!    Hooters needs more Maria!  EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 12:28 am

To Battle! >:]
Back to top Go down
snocaps231

snocaps231

PostSubject: Re: Hooters needs more Maria!    Hooters needs more Maria!  EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 12:38 am

Lol im at Otherwise concert, duet with Maria on The promise with adian. All love! Otherwise is up next!
Back to top Go down
snocaps231

snocaps231

PostSubject: Re: Hooters needs more Maria!    Hooters needs more Maria!  EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 12:38 am

Met otherwise drummer corly and got his drum sticks signed. Waiting dor after show to get rest. Excited! And drunk!
Back to top Go down
snocaps231

snocaps231

PostSubject: Re: Hooters needs more Maria!    Hooters needs more Maria!  EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 12:39 am

Corky!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hooters needs more Maria!    Hooters needs more Maria!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Hooters needs more Maria!
Page 1 of 1